.

.

Monday, May 25, 2015

Conferences, Rain storms, and Ping Pong

Hola amigos, familia, conocidas, fulanos, y fans,

This was a pretty crazy week! Tuesday we had district class and divisions with my zone leader elder mendoza, during divisions, the other american in my ward elder moser and I went to this little university to teach english to kids trying to get ahead in their classes. Our president set it up with a member and the topic we had to teach them? US History 1820-1840. Between mister andersons history class flash backs and my english doctrine and covenants we taught a nice little class.


We finished late tuesday night and came back to our area because wednesday we had our multi-zone conference with Elder Pino from the 70. He taught us a lot with his wife about the blessings of being a missionary, the importance of the call we carry, and how to work better with our companions.

Thursday was a rainy day and we taught another english class to the members in our ward and had a decent little turn out. Teaching people to pray in english is a funny way to spend an hour.

Friday was nuts/great because we had the first ever Mission Conference in the Mission Mexico Xalapa. The whole mission was together and Elder Christensen from the presidency of the seventy came with Elder Peiper from the area presidency. It was a question and answer session and it was pretty darn cool. We learned a TON from them. Super awesome, and we got to see the whole mission including my old comp elder Garcia and my whole group from the MTC.
The MTC Crew
Elder Garcia
Elder Moulton has lost 60 lbs and I just keep fattening up

Other than that we had a pretty normal week. Today we had a ping pong tournament as a zone and once again I had some serious mister anderson flashbacks as I represented Lehi in the world-missionary-ping-pong-
championship. I came out with the silver medal.



Had a few dreams with lots of you guys speaking spanish this week and thats real freaky when I know you´re all a bunch of gringos and gringas with the spanish equivilant of my mother with Taco, burrito, and México as your vocab depth.

Have a chito week,

Elder Draper


Killing some time waiting for the church
Brother Lucas making pizza at FHE
The krusty crab pizza is the pizza for me and you!









No comments:

Post a Comment