.

.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Changes!



Hello family and friends, Happy St. Patricks day! (tomorrow)  I hope you all had a great week and want to start off appologizing for my english, I know it is awful.

This was a really cool week! Tuesday we had our multi-zone conference with President and Sister Greer. We learned a ton about working with the members in our ward and how to use preach my gospel better. President is such a good guy, and helps us so much in our areas. We did practices with other missionaries and he walked around and helped us find better scriptures, helped us identify the needs of the people we were teaching and just helped a lot!
After the conference President was like oh the sister made meat ball subs if you guys want some, so all of us run to the kitchen to grab a sandwich and we come back into the cultural hall and pres had cued up MEET THE MORMONS! It was so good! It has been playing in theaters in mexico for the last few weeks which was way cool. If you havent seen it yet you need to it is super good. You guys probs need it in english though.
This week I did divisions with my ZL elder Spainhower from Utah, it is nice to speak english sometimes but by the time we got back to the house we were both saying "wow our english is bad" We only get to speak english like once a week so a whole day of just speaking english is super weird. I was thinking this morning that it is so weird that we can just jump from spanish to english and not have to do like a system reboot or something, the gift of tounges is a real thing.
Other than that the week was pretty calm. OH, I forgot, my companion elder gontes is getting changed! He has to go to my old area in altotonga for two weeks and then his time is up and he heads home. It is sad to see him go but I am excited to work with my new companion.
A scripture I read thismorning that I really liked I wanted to share with you guys.
"For I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day" -Alma 36:3
Pretty simple but if you are going through a trial in your life right now, put your trust in God, and look to him for strength. I have really recieved a testimony that Heavenly Father hears our prayers and answers them. Sometimes the answers arent what we expect, but they will always be the ones we need.
I love ya all, and hope you have a great St. Patty's day!
Elder Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment