.

.

Monday, December 28, 2015

The start of a New Year



This week was a good one. Thursday we had our zone service activity and we had a great time sharing food with the homeless around the hospital in our area. 

Christmas is interesting as missionaries because we don't have a lot to do other than missionary work. I think these last two years of Christmas has made me appreciate my Savior a little bit more. He who was greater than them all, descended below all, coming into the world He created, as all of us do, as a child. He came as a newborn wrapped in swadling clothes. 

Christmas #2 topped Christmas #1 for sure. Not having to worry about all those normal Christmas things, and just focus on my Savior made it the best one yet. 

On top of all of that I got to talk with my sweet fam. Tait is taller than my mom, and crackily voiced as ever. Odd to see clips of what home is like every 6 months.

Tomorrow for our training with the zone we are focussing on obedience. It's easy with a lot of time now in the mission (15 months) to get relaxed about the little rules of the mission but to steal from Elder Hipster Hortons email "The purpose of our being here is "...to see if [we] will do all things whatsoever the Lord [our] God shall command [us]", independent of what that may be and which servant of God proclaims it. As we are obedient we are able to progress." We can't participate in any part of the Lords work if we do not first begin with obedience. I invite you all to ask the Lord as did the rich young man "what lack I yet?" and make that your focus this new year.
  
Elder Draper

Zone Christmas Picture

Christmas HEAT

Service Project




No comments:

Post a Comment