.

.

Monday, July 13, 2015

Missions are kool.

This week I think was one of the weeks where I learned the most personally. The mission is a pretty interesting experience because it really teaches you how to be humble, how to be selfless, and how to love God and obey. I feel like as I get closer and closer to the one year mark in my mission I am developing a desire to just not let anything stop me from being the best missionary I can be.

Another thing that is kind of nuts about the mission is just how hard satan attacks us as missionaries from all angles. I cannot imagine how Joseph Smith possibly felt as, just before he saw a pillar of light decending from the heavens, he felt the grasp and destroying power of the same adversary that is in a war against you and against me. If we as missionaries did not focus 100 percent on inviting the spirit to be with us, we would be lost. If you lose the spirit, you are lost.

I wish I could just tell you guys everything we learn daily but it is too much to write, just go study the scriptures and the plan of salvation. This week I am learning the whole intro to the book of mormon by memory, its a fun way to keep my mind busy. The more I study, the more I know the church is 100 percent the only true church upon the face of the earth and the kingdom of God that has been established again in anticipation for the coming of the mesiah.

On another note, my companion recieved a package from his novia which had a nice little voice recorder from her. I on the other hand had 40 pesos, so I drowned my lownlieness in generic oreos and nutella. Boo yah.


I testify of the truthfullness of the gospel, and the blessings that come as we strive to follow the commandments of God. I testify that Jesus is the Christ, the living Son of the living God. As Elder Holland teaches "We are in a war against the adversary we have already won. Our task is to now stay inside the lines." I challenge you to all develop and strengthen a testimony, and as you do so, become converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ.




Pictures from the ruins at Tajin






No comments:

Post a Comment