.

.

Monday, July 20, 2015

A testimony of Joseph Smith

                                   "The field is white all ready to harvest"

  I think my favorite part of being a missionary is that we are declaring repentance. 


This week I have been studying the pearl of great price institute manual, focusing specificaly on Joseph Smith History. I have been thinking about a lot of things and as I have studied I have grown to have a greater respect and love for the Prophet Jospeh Smith. I love a quote by Elder Holland where he explains that, apart from Jesus Christ the very son of God, Joseph Smith has had more of a role in the salvation of man than any other prophet in the history of the world.

I also was impacted by something M. Russel Ballard said in his talk on the attonement and the worth of souls. He made the comment that "after 2000 years of silence, the first word uttered by God the Father was "Joseph"." He then goes on to explain that in this world we are influenced by many who disgrace and diminish the worth of the individual, however we are of divine, royal lineage. God knows you and I as well as he knows his begotten son Jesus Christ, he knows us by name, we were with him in the premortal life as we recieved "our first instruction". I know that God lives, His son lives, They love us. I know that Joseph Smith was the Lords prophet, called to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord in the restoration of his eternal gospel. I testify that through him, we now have the plenitude of the eternal gospel. 

Saturday and Sunday Matilde and Gabby were baptized and honestly I have never been so happy in my time as a missionary.


Baptism of Matilde
Baptism of Gabby
Today we got changes and Elder Noble is sadly, leaving me. MY BOY! I know he will slay it in his next area, but I will miss him a ton. They also closed the other area in our ward and I will absorb it with my new comp which means we just went from 12 progressing investigators in teaching to 26. We are going to have a busy six weeks. 

I hope you guys know that the Lord is conscious of your struggles and is there when we are willing to turn to him.

Til next week,


Elder Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment