.

.

Monday, July 27, 2015

Living on the Surface of the Sun


Hey guys! This week was the hottest I have ever been in my whole life. It was the start of this thing called canícula. It is from july 20th to august 20th usually starting with the summer solstice and is when the sun hits the ecuator the hardest or in other words, the hottest 30 days of the year.

My Zone Leader Teaching us to drink lots of water.

 This week I got my new companion Elder Gallegos from Villahermosa, Tobasco. He is 22 and really a cool guy. We get along really well. Because of changes like I said last week, the size of our area doubled overnight and we had so much work this week! We also picked up some new investigators in the colonias where taxis cant reach so we had to do a lot of walking in the very hot sun. A lot of you probably heard from elder terry that talked about how odd it is that all of us missionaries enjoy ourselves even when we should be suffering but honestly to be able to teach the gospel, its all worth it.

Selfie with Elder G

The New Zone
Saturday we saw the family of 6 we are teaching and they are doing really well, alejandra the mom, and her two daughters alondra and carla are super interested, carlos, the dad is less interested but he is a good guy, he will warm up soon. They unfortunatley couldnt come to church because they live sooo far away from the chappel and didnt have the money for the taxi but next week I think a member is going to take us to pick them up! 


Sunday was sweet because YAIR GOT BAPTIZED. Yair had been listening to the other companionship for forever but didnt feel super ready so thursday we went and saw him, taught the word of wisdom, the law of chastity, and tithing and invited him to be baptized on sunday and he was like...."yeah I think I am ready" which was sweet. Katia didnt show up for her interview and we havent seen her since thursday so we are kinda worried her grandpa talked her out of it but we are going to see her tonight so hopefully this sunday!!

Baptism of Yair
  Last night we were dying in our house of heat and had our fans going on high speed, but we have zero air conditioning so it was an oven. Lucky for us we also don't have food which means I had some good room to sit in my fridge for an hour while I read the scriptures. 

Cooling Down in the REfrigerator

This morning this 80 year old drunk guy tried to rob me/ talk me into giving him 20 pesos so I started speaking totonaco to him and he said "no vale la pena" (not worth it) and walked away. 


This week I was studying the pearl of great price and the relationship of adam and eve with God. They were literally sealed by God the Father while in the Garden of Eden, and then were in constant communication with him their whole lives after being cast into the world. Because of their fidelity, they were able to be happy for more than 900 years together! So if you are in a marriage and have been sealed, dont let something small lead to divorce. God is the key to a successful mariage, if you don't have him as the glue holding you together, its a lot harder to not get pulled apart by the things of the world. I challenge you to seek the Lord in your marriages, and those who are not yet married, seek for a companion that is worthy to take to the Holy Temple of the Lord and be sealed for time and eternity. 

I hope you all have a great week!!


-Elder Draper

Nadia

Cleaning Spiders and Lizards out of the Baptism Font
Bathroom Selfie





No comments:

Post a Comment