.

.

Monday, October 12, 2015

Using the Atonement



Hey you guys how's it going!?

This week we didn't have much time to work because we had a mission conference in xalapa, then we had zone class wednesday, we spent like 4 hours on the phone on thursday because of some little problems. Friday was our family home evening and we had a good turnout, we played volleyball and I am about 6 inches taller than everyone so I was banned from participating after the first game so I spent the night reffing volleyball :)

I studied the atonement of Jesus Christ this week and I learned something an old friend taught me last year before I came out on the mission. The Atonement is not only for sinners. The Atonement can be used for all wounds, self inflicted (sin) or those that are just part of our mortal journey. When we are faced with growing trials, and it seems that we have in some way failed or fallen short of our potential, I invite you to get on your knees, and pray. Through your prayers you will feel the love and succor of He who descended beneath all so that He may raise all of us.

D&C 122 says:
5 If thou art called to pass through tribulation; if thou art in perils among false brethren; if thou art in perils among robbers; if thou art in perils by land or by sea;

 6 If thou art accused with all manner of false accusations; if thine enemies fall upon thee; if they tear thee from the society of thy father and mother and brethren and sisters; and if with a drawn sword thine enemies tear thee from the bosom of thy wife, and of thine offspring, and thine elder son, although but six years of age, shall cling to thy garments, and shall say, My father, my father, why can’t you stay with us? O, my father, what are the men going to do with you? and if then he shall be thrust from thee by the sword, and thou be dragged to prison, and thine enemies prowl around thee like wolves for the blood of the lamb;

 7 And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.

 8 The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?

Don't forget to use the atonement.

Tomorrow my comp goes home, my new comp is Elder Herrera! I am pumped to work with him. We got here the same day.

Have a great week guys, stay safe, and as President Monson said "Keep the Commandments"

Elder Draper

Zone Class

My Comp's goodbye party



No comments:

Post a Comment