.

.

Monday, August 3, 2015

10 Months!!!

"Ordinary people who faithfully, dilligently, and consistently do simple things that are right before God will bring forth extraordinary results." -David A. Bednar
This week was pretty great, we definitely saw some major miracles. We had the goal of baptizing Maria de Jesus but we have been working for 4 months trying to get her married and have not been able to. The problem was that she is 23 and has no ID. A big requirement for a marriage here is that the person has to present their ID, so we have been taking her to and from the court house for a few months trying to get her paperwork figured out but the soonest she can get it out is september and we weren't wanting to wait. On top of that, we were probably going to have to pay about 900 pesos between my comp and I and that was not something we could really afford.
   
   Tuesday I talked with an elder in a little tiny town about 20 minutes from our area to go talk to the judge in their area about getting them married faster. He and his companion went and told the judge what the situation was and he was like "ok well if you want I can marry her on friday for free" WE WERE SO PUMPED!!!! So thurdsay we ran out there and spent the day with the judge getting paperwork figured out and friday night we came back with them and the judge married them in this giant group wedding, it was sooo cool. We were super thankful for the Lords help on that one.

   Saturday the sisters had scheduled their baptismal interview but the kid hadn't gotten back from efy yet so they were kind of freaking out. They called me around 5 and were like ELDER! We need you to help us find him, we think he maybe went to his moms house but she lives in your area! I was like ok, what is his adress? They told me the colonia and everything and I realized it was in this part of my area that was from the old elders that just got closed and has 1 bus that passes through it so I had ZERO idea how to get there so I was like ok sisters, come in taxi, we will wait for you, and then we will try to go find his house. So they get there and we wait and wait and wait for this stinkin bus and at 7:00 we were STILL waiting when this taxi pulls up and says "hey hop in!" I look in and it was the husband of Matilde, our recent convert. So we jumped in and soared up to the hill where this kid lived and FOUND HIM! We were walking down this street and the sisters were like...."lets ask here" and it was his house. Super cool miracle, and he passed the interview and was baptized yesterday. 

   Yesterday Maria was baptized and Gabby and Jair were confirmed and we were so stoked! The Lord is really blessing us, and I know it is a direct result of our dilligence.

   Crazy wise the only thing that happened this week is this drunk guy who was 600 years old (looked like moses but not important) tried to rob me so I gave him a penny I had in my pocket (why I had a penny I have no idea) He stared at it, said "God Bless" and walked off. 

   This week I also celebrated 10 months out. WOO HOO.

  Go read the Book of Mormon and be better people.

-Elder Draper

Everything you see in these pictures is our area - and this is only about 1/4 of our area



No comments:

Post a Comment